We love bringing people together through play at Highrise. That’s why we built it! The friendships that are formed by thousands of people on Highrise every day are what drives us to create this special world. And we plan on continuing to build and evolve our world for as long as we can.
We’ve developed a set of guidelines that help us (and you!) build and support a strong and positive community.
When playing Highrise your goals should be:
To create wholesome content and interact with other players in positive ways that foster friendships and exploration. You should never interact with players with the intent of being negative or discouraging. You should also never create content with the intent being to anger other players or illicit negative reactions.
The following is awesome and will ensure you and everyone around you has a wonderful time on Highrise:
- Meeting new people and making friends.
- Designing unique rooms and experiences for everyone on Highrise to enjoy.
- Joining Crews and participating in events to win special items.
- Decorating avatars and discovering 1000s of unique avatar clothes.
You’ll find our community guidelines below. Please make sure to review and follow them to ensure you have a fantastic experience on Highrise. We do not allow any of the following on Highrise:
You must be 13 or older to play Highrise, and the discovery of anyone under the age of 13 will result in an immediate permanent account suspension. If you are suspended for being underage, you may contact our concierge team to verify your age to have the suspension removed.
We take the safety of all of our young players seriously. This is one of our most important guidelines and is a high priority for our trust and safety team. We have a zero-tolerance policy and do not allow any type of actions that could put our young players in danger or inappropriate situations. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Any sexualization of children
- Child grooming or any type of predatory behavior
- Misrepresenting yourself/age in order to speak to young players
- Posting images, videos, or audio displaying children in sexual situations
All confirmed reports of child endangerment will be reported to the authorities via The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children or other relevant legal channels.
Sharing NSFW content:
We do not allow sexually explicit or gratifying content on Highrise, including animated content of this nature. This means any type of photos, videos, or audio containing NSFW/Sexual content is forbidden. We have a zero-tolerance policy, and posting this type of content will result in an account suspension up to a permanent ban. We do allow exceptions around nudity and sexually explicit content for educational, documentary, scientific, or artistic purposes. For example, content discussing or showing mastectomy scars is allowed.
We do not allow the posting of lewd content. This includes things such as, but not limited to:
- Photos in lingerie or swimwear
- Photos that are intended to be provocative or sexual
- Photos simulating a sexual act
- Photos of sex toys
- Anything else we deem explicit
Please keep in mind context matters, so if you post a photo in a bikini at a beach, that’s totally fine!
We do not allow players to offer sexual services of any type on Highrise, nor link to any sexual services outside of Highrise. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Offering nude photos or video
- Offering access to off-app sites or applications where players can view sexual content
- Offering players sexual voice chats
- Offering players sexual text chats
- Including links in your bio that lead to websites that display sexual/NSFW content
- Sending links in public or private chats to websites that display sexual/NSFW content
Any illegal activities are prohibited on Highrise. If we discover any players violating the law, it may result in a permanent suspension of your account. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Posting content that includes or promotes the use of illegal narcotics
- Posting content of yourself or others committing criminal acts
- Posting content that violates intellectual property or copyright law
Targeted harassment, bullying, or hate speech:
Do not engage in or post content encouraging the harassment or bullying of individuals or communities. If someone is harassing you or your community, be proactive and block them immediately. Do not engage in hate speech, which includes but is not limited to racist, homophobic, sexist, or hateful religious remarks. We have a zero-tolerance policy for hate speech, and we will take action against any valid reports of hateful conduct. We respect all communities and protected classes and do our best to ensure they have a safe experience on Highrise.
Sharing content that is directly threatening someone's physical or financial state. Do not threaten to harm other players in any way. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Making terroristic threats of physical harm
- Threatening to blackmail or expose other players
- Threatening the family members of other players
- Threatening to locate another player
- Posting photos of weapons, even if legally owned, with threatening captions or comments or any ill intent
Threatening to Dox players:
Do not share or threaten to share the personal information of another player. This includes but is not limited to:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Social security number
- Private photos/videos
Please remember to always respect the privacy of other players.
Circumventing tools that enable players to protect themselves and/or repeatedly targeting a player with unwanted friend requests or messages. Do not create spam accounts for the sake of annoying players with requests or other tactics. Do not disguise yourself in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you. If a player has blocked you, you’ll need to respect their decision. If you continue to contact a player that has blocked you this is considered harassment and your account may be suspended as a result.
Sharing Content Glorifying or Promoting, in general, Self-harm or Suicide:
This includes any content that encourages others to cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than for example, seeking counseling or treatment. Online communities have the power to lift people up from dark places - be the kind of person who lifts others. If you notice that someone is in need of urgent help, please contact your local authorities.
Posting any content where you are endangering yourself is prohibited on Highrise. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Threats of suicide
- Dangerous activity that could result in physical harm
- Dangerous use of illegal drugs
- Consuming a dangerous amount of alcohol
Even if these posts are made for entertainment purposes or as jokes we will take action when we feel this behavior could lead to you being harmed.
Sharing any content containing gore and/or animal cruelty. Do not share or post content for sadistic pleasure, glorification, or celebration of violence. We do allow exceptions for hobbies that may be misclassified under this guideline, such as hunting. If you are simply sharing a trophy photo, for example, this would be okay.
We do not allow any types of scams and will suspend any players that attempt to steal other players' items through social manipulation or trading antics. On the receiving end, note that all trades are final. Promises of payment or return of the item after the trade’s completion are frequently not honored. Make sure to review the trade window before confirming the trade. When scams are reported to us, we’ll do our best to investigate and remove scammers from our game. However, as all trades are final, your items will not be returned. So please be extra cautious when trading!
Some scams to watch out for:
- Players removing their offered items at the last second
- Players asking to split a single trade into multiple trades
- Players asking to borrow items with the promise of returning them later
- Players promising to pay you via tips after you trade them your items
- Players asking for access to your account for any purpose
- Players claiming to have gold generators that require your username/password to work
- Inappropriate Rooms: Do not create rooms with inappropriate names or for inappropriate purposes. If the purpose of your room violates any of our guidelines then it is inappropriate and subject to being removed and your account may be suspended.
Do not exploit any bugs or errors that you discover on Highrise for your personal gain. If you discover an exploit, report it to our concierge team immediately, and you will be rewarded with a bug bounty. If you fail to report an exploit and instead decide to abuse it, your account will be suspended and potentially permanently removed.
We do not allow the trading of accounts, items, or gold in exchange for money outside of the Highrise trading system. This is unsafe, as there is no guarantee of either party honoring the transaction. Buying accounts, items, or gold for money outside of the Highrise trading system will result in the removal of those items and possibly a temporary/permanent suspension.
Accounts cannot be traded, sold, or given away. All accounts must be used by their original creator. If you advertise that you are buying, selling, or giving away an account, you may be temporarily suspended or even permanently banned. If you violate this guideline and it results in you being scammed, our concierge team will be unable to assist you in the matter.
Attempting to steal another player’s account will result in a permanent suspension. This includes sending password requests to support for accounts that don’t belong to you, brute force hacking another player’s account or any other method of account theft.
Spamming is not permitted on Highrise. Spamming is defined as the following actions performed on a mass scale which includes, but is not limited to:
- Making multiple comments of the same message with the intent to disrupt players.
- Tagging players multiple times with the intent to distrupt them.
- Sending multiple messages messaging both in-room or a players inbox with the intent to disrupt them.
Do not create impostor accounts pretending to be a Highrise Staff member, a celebrity, or antoher player.
If you believe a player has violated our guidelines, please block them and report this violation using our in-game report system. Do not create public posts that target other Highrise players accusing them of violating our guidelines as this often leads to harassment. This includes creating alternate accounts for the purpose of posting accusations or drama posts.
We do not allow players to create new accounts to circumvent a suspension. All suspensions will last until their expiration or a successful appeal. If you’ve been suspended permanently, then we have decided to no longer allow you to use our application in any capacity unless otherwise stated. If you decide to create a new account to circumvent a suspension, then it is subject to being suspended as well.
Fraudulent Refund Requests:
Submitting false or dishonest refund requests to Apple, Google, or Highrise directly may result in your account being permanently suspended.
Submitting False Support Requests:
If you’re experiencing a particular issue, like missing gold from an in-app purchase or a technical glitch, feel free to contact us from FAQ & Support, and we’d be more than happy to assist you. However, please note that submitting false requests to our support team may result in a permanent suspension of your account. Some false requests include but are not limited to:
- Sending requests containing false information or information cherry-picked with the intent to manipulate our concierge staff.
- Requesting access to accounts that do not belong to you.
- Submitting false claims about missing gold or items.
- Repeatedly requesting more information or a different outcome for an issue where our position has already been made clear.
Consequences and Actions:
- Serious violations of our guidelines will result in a permanent suspension.
- Minor violations of our guidelines may result in a warning or temporary suspension.
- Your account may be temporarily or permanently muted.
- Depending on the type of guideline broken, if you are permanently suspended you are no longer allowed to play Highrise on any accounts.
- If you have more than one account, we reserve the right to take action against any and all of your accounts if you violate our guidelines. This means creating an alternate account to violate our guidelines will result in your main account also having action taken against it.
- You are responsible for your account. This means any violation that occurs on your account, even by another person, will result in that account having action taken against it. So keep this in mind when allowing other players onto your account.