We’ve developed a set of guidelines that help us (and you!) build and support a strong and positive community.
When playing Highrise your goals should be:
To create wholesome content and interact with other players in positive ways that foster friendships and exploration. You should never interact with players with the intent of being negative or discouraging. You should also never create content with the intent being to anger other players or illicit negative reactions.
The following is awesome and will ensure you and everyone around you has a wonderful time on Highrise:
- Meeting new people and making friends.
- Designing unique rooms and experiences for everyone on Highrise to enjoy.
- Joining Crews and participating in events to win special items.
- Decorating avatars and discovering 1000s of unique avatar clothes.
You’ll find our community guidelines below. Please make sure to review and follow them to ensure you have a fantastic experience on Highrise.
- Any sexualization of children
- Misrepresenting yourself/age in order to speak to young players
- Posting images, videos, or audio displaying children in sexual situations
All confirmed reports of child endangerment will be reported to the authorities via The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children or other relevant legal channels.
Sharing NSFW content:
To protect our younger players, we make no exceptions on content containing nudity or sexual content, even if it’s intended to be artistic or for educational purposes.
- Photos/videos in lingerie or swimwear
- Photos/videos that are intended to be provocative or sexual
- Photos/videos of sex toys
- Room names or furniture organized in a sexually themed way
- Anything else we deem inappropriate
Please keep in mind context matters, so if you post a photo in swimwear at a beach, that’s totally fine!
- Offering nude photos or video
- Offering access to off-app sites or applications where players can view sexual content
- Including info in your bio that leads to websites that display sexual/NSFW content
- Sending links in public or private chats to websites that display sexual/NSFW content
- Posting content that includes or promotes the use of illegal narcotics
- Posting content of yourself or others committing criminal acts
- Posting content that violates intellectual property or copyright law
Targeted harassment, bullying, or hate speech:
Do not engage in or post content encouraging the harassment or bullying of individuals or communities. If someone is harassing you or your community, be proactive and block them immediately.
We don’t allow any hate speech, which includes but is not limited to: racist, homophobic, sexist, or hateful religious remarks. We will take action against any hateful conduct. We respect all communities and protected classes and do our best to ensure they have a safe experience on Highrise.
- Making terroristic threats of physical harm
- Threatening to blackmail or expose other players
- Threatening the family members of other players
- Threatening to locate another player
- Posting photos of weapons, even if legally owned, with threatening captions or comments or any ill intent
Threatening to dox players:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Social security number
- Private photos/videos
Please remember to always respect the privacy of other players.
Ever feel like your own best friend? We won’t judge if you want to make a crew with 10 copies of yourself. Been there, done that. It’s totally okay to own more than one Highrise account. However, it’s not okay to use multiple accounts to hurt the community or gain an unfair advantage. We will take action if you are:
- Using other accounts as a way to break the rules anonymously
- Attempting to contact someone who has blocked you
- Creating a large number of accounts to gain masses of rewards from events, offers, spins, etc.
- Avoiding a temporary or permanent account suspension
Glorifying or promoting self-harm or suicide:
- Threats of suicide
- Dangerous activity that could result in physical harm
- Dangerous use of illegal drugs
- Consuming a dangerous amount of alcohol
Even if these posts are made for entertainment purposes or as jokes we will take action when we feel this behavior could lead to you being harmed.
- Talk to a hotline representative -
- Kids Help Phone (for youth under 20): 1-800-668-6868
- For those above the age of 20, you can find a local crisis center here: http://suicideprevention.ca/thinking-about-suicide/find-a-crisis-centre/
- United Kingdom & Ireland
- Samaritans: 116-123
- S.O.S Amitié: 01-42-96-26-26
- TELL Tokyo English Lifeline: 03-5774-0992
- Foundation 113Online: 0900-113-0-113
- New Zealand
- Lifeline Philippines: 02-896-9191
- 24/7 Hopeline: 02-804-HOPE (4673)
- Samaritans of Singapore: 1800-221-4444
- Reach out to someone you trust. Seek support from your friends, family, teachers, or anyone else you trust and let them know how you’re feeling. If you have trouble bringing up this topic to those close to you, you could start out by saying, “I’m going through a hard time right now and I was hoping if I could share what’s been on my mind with you. Do you have time to listen?” or “I’m feeling ______, and I would like to talk to someone about it. If this is okay with you, can we sit down together and chat?” and expand further from there.
- Seek help from local self-care expert: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
- If it’s an emergency, please contact 911 or your local hospital for immediate help.
One of the best parts of Highrise is being able to trade all the fun, unique items our community has to offer. Be careful, though! Some players might try to steal your gold or items through social manipulation or trading antics. When trading, we always recommend using our storefront trade system or seasonal Black Market. Make sure to review the trade window before confirming your trade.
Anyone attempting to scam through our trading system will be actioned. This means:
- Sending fake tip messages in the chat window
- Asking for your account information for any reason
- Offering payment or other exchanged goods outside of Highrise
When these scams are reported to us, we will do our best to investigate and take appropriate action.
Sometimes, you may be invited to participate in - shall we call them - alternate trading methods. We can’t enforce these types of trades, so engage them at your own risk:
- Giving someone gold or items first and allowing them to pay for it later
- Reserving items with a deposit payment
- Promising to pay via tips after an item is traded
- Designing rooms or creating artwork in exchange for gold or items
- Player-made events or giveaways with entry fees or prizes
All trades are final, so please be extra cautious when trading! Highrise will not be able to return stolen gold or items.
Crew Event Minimums
Creating a crew is a big responsibility! You can set your own rules for who you accept into your crew and how each member is expected to behave. This means that if you set ticket minimums for eventing, you are in charge of vetting and selecting crew members you believe capable of helping your team achieve its goals. We aren’t able to enforce crew-specific ticket minimums, or if someone decides not to participate in an event after joining. If you do set ticket minimums or other rules for your crew, make sure everyone is informed and on the same page!
We do not allow the trading of accounts, items, or gold in exchange for money outside of the Highrise trading system. This is unsafe, as there is no guarantee of either party honoring the transaction. Buying accounts, items, or gold for money outside of the Highrise trading system will result in the removal of those items and possibly a temporary/permanent suspension.
Accounts cannot be traded, sold, or given away. All accounts must be used by their original creator. If you advertise that you are buying, selling, or giving away an account, you may be temporarily suspended or even permanently banned. If you violate this guideline and it results in you being scammed, our concierge team will not be able to help.
- Making multiple comments of the same message with the intent to disrupt players
- Tagging players multiple times with the intent to distrupt them
- Sending multiple messages messaging both in-room or a players inbox with the intent to disrupt them
This action is classified as any type of public accusation, call to action, or other targeted harassment against another player, including but not limited to: public posts about another player, screenshots of your conversations, in-room campaigns, and the creation of hashtags designed to rally the community against a specific player.
If someone is breaking our guidelines, your best course of action is to block and report them using our in-app reporting system. Witch-hunting is never okay, frequently involves false accusations, and creates a toxic environment of hate for all players involved. You have the power to help keep our community safe and welcoming, and taking part in witch-hunting behavior is the antithesis of what we’re working to build together.
Fraudulent refund requests:
Abusing the report system:
Submitting false support requests:
- Sending requests containing false information or information cherry-picked with the intent to manipulate our concierge staff.
- Submitting false claims about missing gold or items.
- Repeatedly requesting more information or a different outcome for an issue where our position has already been made clear.
Consequences and actions:
- We reserve the right to take action for any reason we deem against our community principles, even if they are not specifically covered in these guidelines.
- Depending on the type of guideline broken, if you are permanently suspended, you are no longer allowed to play Highrise on any accounts.
- If you have more than one account, we reserve the right to take action against any and all of your accounts. This means creating an alternate account to violate our guidelines will result in your main account also having action taken against it.
- You are responsible for your account. This means any violation that occurs on your account, even by another person, will result in that account having action taken against it.